Are you looking to motivate and inspire your team, clients or wider audience at an upcoming event, party or business meeting you should consider inviting someone who can do this on behalf of your organisation.
A keynote speaker, celebratory MC or well-known figure of authority within the industry would tick some of your boxes... but the genuine question is where and how to get the ball rolling?
Before you set off to search for a perfect fit for your event, brand and budget there are a few considerations to get your head around, especially if this is the first time you're looking at outsourcing a keynote speaker.
1) Use the internet to research current speaker trends and topics which best represent your event goals.
2) Ask for recommendations - word of mouth referrals are possibly the safest route to go – speak to your friends and colleagues and ask them which speakers if any they have hired in the past. Or post on LinkedIn or Twitter to broaden your enquiries reach or to get real endorsements.
3) Choose someone who fits your company's brand and personality. If your event is "startup-casual" themed then avoid anyone too stiff or corporate, and vice versa if your company is very clean cut and formal.
4) Review clip examples of the speakers' speeches, presentations and interactions with the previous audiences - Youtube or Vimeo should have a number of examples available.
5) Know what your budget is and stick to it - it's easy to get carried away and get your heart set on big-name celebrities when actually, there are just as many inspiring less well-known personalities out there who will do as good a job, if not better!
Looking for a keynote speaker for next corporate event or function? Then head over to Asemblr.com and start shortlisting from our extensive list of options.
Do you have experience hiring presenters or keynote speakers for your corporate functions? We'd love to get your feedback and best practice recommendations for our readers. Email [email protected] with your details and overview now to be published as a guest blogger!